Aunt Marilyn’s Broccoli Salad
This salad is lightly dressed in a subtly but not overpoweringly sweet and tangy dressing.
- 3/4 cup light or regular mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, chopped into small bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup golden raisins (optional)
- 3/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 small shallot or red onion, finely diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
For directions, visit Mel’s Kitchen Cafe.