Chicken Pot Pie Soup
This is comfort food in a bowl.
- 4 chicken breast halves, or 2 cups leftover cooked chicken
- Seasoned salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- ⅓ cup butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart (4 cups) heavy cream
- ¼ cup chicken base (sold near the bouillon) See Notes**
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ small yellow onion, minced
- 1 cup frozen green peas, cooked
- 1 cup chopped cooked carrots
- Pinch (about ¼ tsp) fresh grated nutmeg, optional
For directions, visit Kitchen Dreaming.